Is Breakthrough right for you?
- Do you have hopes and dreams to achieve great things in your life?
- Do you love to learn, and have fun in the process?
- Are you a 6th grade student attending a public school within the San Jose Unified or Franklin-McKinley school districts?
- Are you doing well in school and is going to college important to you?
If you answered "yes" to all of these questions, Breakthrough Silicon Valley may be the right program for you.
How to Apply
- Applying to Breakthrough Silicon Valley involves a selection process. We seek motivated students who are ready to work hard to achieve their dreams. There are no tuition fees for our program. Your commitment is your only payment.
- We recruit students from San Jose Unified and Franklin-McKinley School District middle schools. If you would like to learn more about the application process, join us for an information session. You can pick up an application at an information session or download one.
Information Session Dates
Check back on October 30, 2017 for information session dates and 2018 student applications.
After the application deadline, a group of students will be invited to participate, with their parents, in a family interview during the second round of the application process. Not all students will be invited to interview. Interviews are scheduled in March and April.
Our new class of students is selected based on the student and parent applications, recommendations, and interview. Decision letters are mailed in late April.
Check back on October 30, 2017 for 2018 application deadlines: Breakthrough siblings and students with strong interest, who are certain they want to become part of Breakthrough Silicon Valley are encouraged to apply by the early deadline.
Want to know more?
Read these frequently asked questions and answers.