Breakthrough gets results
Our graduates defy the statistics in their communities as we set them on the life-changing path toward college. And hands-on teaching experiences in Breakthrough classrooms prepare and inspire our teaching fellows to make a difference through careers in education.
- 100% of our students attend college; 96% attend four-year universities.
- 100% of our high school students take high level college preparatory courses including Honors, Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) courses.
- 88% of our high school students maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- 95% of our students enroll in Geometry or higher by 9th grade.
Surveys of students and parents:
- 98% of parents say that Breakthrough positively impacted their child’s attitude toward learning and goals for attending college.
- 94% of students report that Breakthrough is a meaningful and positive experience that helps them be prepared for school.
Surveys of former teaching fellows:
- 88% report that after their summer teaching with Breakthrough Silicon Valley, they are more interested in pursuing a career in education.
- 97% report that after their summer teaching with Breakthrough Silicon Valley, they feel better prepared to pursue a career in education.